Sunday 24 September 2017

RAID 1 (mirror) - how a drive corresponds to a certain SATA port

I want to build 2 systems (1 x Linux box, with a lot of space, RAID 1 mirrored) and 1 x Win7 workstation for my graphic / music / video works, with RAID 1 as well.


Suppose one of the hdd fails at some point.


How do I know which SATA port / HDD drive to disconnect from the internal case ?


Is there a way that the Linux or Win7 Raid software will tell you which one to get out of the case ?


I think the software on Linux or Win7 related to the Raid controller will let you know some sort of id, that corresponds to your Sata port that you need to disconnect, so you can identify and replace easily the failed hdd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...