Saturday 23 September 2017

usb - Zalman drive enclosure does not start up (example case ZM-VE400)

Your Zalman ZM-VE400 (or potentially other similar drive enclosure?) from the manufacturer shows the model name when plugged in but never arrives in the menu despite pressing buttons on the keypad. Also, the computer does not recognize the device at all (i.e. it's not shown with lsusb or similar programs).


Zalman support is pretty much non-existent for non-US customers, it seems. I never received an answer to my previous question (Resetting "HDD Warning???" with Zalman ZM-VE400 external case). The manual is not helpful in this case, in fact it makes no mention of problems or of the button described below in the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...