Saturday 23 September 2017

windows - Prevent System Restore Point from being created during Install


Whenever I install using .MSI, the system freezes right after starting the Volume Shadow Copy Service/etc, and creating a System Restore Point.


If possible, I'd rather not disable System Restore, as this deletes all previous restore points. I also don't want to kill the service/process, although I haven't tried this one yet to see if it even works.


How can I prevent a system restore point from being created while installing using a MSI launcher?



Answer



If you scroll down through this thread, there's a number of things you could try for repairing the Volume Shadow Copy Service if you wanted to give that a go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...