Monday 25 September 2017

memtest86+ - How many passes are enough with Memtest?

My computer hangs at random on multiple occasions and on different OSes today, requiring me to hit the reset button. I suspect it could be a memory problem and did a memtest with memtest86.


It went through two passes with no errors. Is that enough, or do I need to run through overnight until I see an error?


What if it is a motherboard or CPU issue? How do I know without getting a new motherboard?


System Specifications:



  • Memory: 2.0GiB

  • Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz x 2

  • Motherboard: ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...