Wednesday 27 September 2017

license - Serial Number and Product Number of laptop in Windows


How do I get the Product and Serial Number of ASUS EeePC netbook on Windows (XP preferably)?


Edit: I am not a label reader and I am interested to retrieve the two numbers by software or tool.



Answer



I can see two ways to do this:




  1. Type "msinfo32" on your "Run"(Windows Button+R). Search for "System Model" or "System Serial". Certainly you will find the information that you need here.




  2. SIW(System Information for Windows):




SIW is an advanced System Information for Windows tool that analyzes your computer and gathers detailed information about system properties and settings and displays it in an extremely comprehensible manner.


Or even a 3th option:



  1. If you until don't find what you are looking for, you would try looking over windows registry(Windows Key+R / "regedit"), go to HKLM\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\SYSTEM. There is a lot of information about your system an about your BIOS here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...