Tuesday 26 September 2017

How to enter formulas in Excel in other locales (with different decimal separators)?

I'm getting a strange error in Excel where I cannot enter formulas:


=ROUND(1.5,0)

gives an error:



The formula you typed contains an error



enter image description here


I presume it has something to do with the (red herring) fact that I am in a locale that uses:



  • . for decimal point

  • , for digit grouping

  • ,, for list separation


enter image description here


How do I enter these formulas in Excel?




Update: semi-colon doesn't work:


enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...