Monday 25 September 2017

backup - Time Machine clone for Windows?




Possible Duplicate:
Time Machine for Windows



I'm using Time Machine for backups on my Mac, and right now I'm using Synology's backup software (Data Replicator 3) for backing up my girlfriends PC. However, Time Machine gives me a couple of nice things:




  • No settings, just "on" or "off", and it just backs up the whole drive. It keeps a backup every hour for the last 24h, every day for the last month and every week till the drive fills up. It automatically syncs the backups to the NAS device when I connect.




  • If I ever need to restore, I can easily do a full system restore from an install CD.




  • A simple GUI to find deleted or changed files




Is there a similar alternative for Windows that Just Works? I don't care how nice the GUI is, or how many advanced options there are, as long as the defaults are sane.



Answer



Acronis True Image does something like this:



  • Backs up all files (to another drive, etc.) .We backup to removable USB drive. Then we rotate the drives.

  • Does incremental backups if you like.

  • Backs up in use files if you like. Can also set it to backup on shutdown, etc.


Cost is about $60.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...