Monday 4 September 2017

dns - Smart domain-masking, redirection or forwarding

I rent a domain name, lets say MyFakeDomain.com (using GoDaddy, if it matters) and I rent a shared hosting that gave me an ugly url, lets say ugly.long-url.123456789.com (1and1.com, if it matters.)


As expected, when people go to MyFakeDomain.com, I want them to see the content of ugly.long-url.123456789.com. However, with the little I know about that, I was only able to do domain masking, but it also overrides all the webpage title by a static title. Even worse than that, if you go to MyFakeDomain.com and hover on a link, you would see http://ugly.long-url.123456789.com\[ThatLink.html].


What must I change in order to always hide the ugly.long-url.123456789.com from the users, and not overwrite the titles of every page?


Is it something in the zone file and zone records? (A, CNAME, etc.) If so, any resources you know that could explain all this clearly to me?


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...