Tuesday 13 March 2018

windows - How to extend hard disk partition backwards (to the left) without third-party tools?


enter image description here


I'm trying to extend the D: partition using unallocated 30.91 GB space at its left side.


Another thread states it can't be done using Disk Management's UI and it suggests using 3rd-party tools.


However, how can we do this natively (e.g. diskpart) without installing/downloading additional software?



Answer



Yes that is possible. Copy all the data from your D drive to a different disk/partition, delete the volume of D and then re-create it. Then move your data back on the new D drive.


That is the only way without 3rd party tools.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...