Tuesday 13 March 2018

windows 7 - Delta search spy/malware removal - Cannot install/run anything

I downloaded a piece of software called Unlocker which serves to unlock files being used so you can rename or delete them. The software came with the famous delta toolbar crapware.


Even tho I explicitly selected I do not want to install Delta software the Unlocker software still installed it seconds after that Chrome stopped working IE works and I can no longer run any exe install/uninstall...


Now I tried reinstalling Chrome but I cannot start the Installer nor can I initiate Software Unistall from CP. Delta software still shows under CP Installed Programs and no way of removing it.


Only option I see left is a fresh OS reinstall. : /

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...