Monday 15 January 2018

Using FTP to update files on a server

I know the FTP username and password for a site we own and need to know how we can update some files on the server. It seems quite a small thing to do and I'd like to have a go at doing it myself.


A few years ago a friendly local guy help set up a website for my wife's floristry business. The site has a "contact us" page, and messages are forwarded to our home email address. We've now just changed our home email, and so I now need to reset the forwarding function on the website.


The helpful local guy seems to have moved away, or retired - there's no way I can find him now. I tried to get help on how to change the forwarding address from the hosting people, but they say they can't help me.


How do I go about updating the pages on the site? A step-by-step guide on how to do it would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...