Wednesday 17 January 2018

documentation - How to prevent Spell checking code in MS Office?


We use MS Office. Outlook for emails, Word for some documentation and I use OneNote a lot for my own note taking.


What bugs me is when I drop some code or use key words or even camel case into these apps the spell checking picks them up and I have red squiggles everywhere. Ignore is pretty much useless, so either I have to turn off Spell Check altogether start adding these to the custom dictionary.


What would be good is if I can use the Set Language function to mark a whole block of text to just not be spell checked. Has anyone found a nice solution to this or do you know of a blank dictionary is best to use?


I found using "Mohawk" kind of does that... might just use that for now. Maybe create a macro to switch between them.



Answer



I usually create a style for Code and then in language settings for the style you can uncheck spelling and grammar. Then you can apply whatever other settings you want as well, font, indentation, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...