Saturday 9 December 2017

windows 7 - I can't delete a shortcut, even though both Magic Unlocker and Lock Hunter say nothing's locking it




Possible Duplicate:
I can't delete a file - even when using unlocker



Ok, so when I try to delete this from my desktop, I get this error:


Windows Explorer Error


When I click "See what's locking this" in lock hunter, I get this:


LockHunter File Info


Now, I have a drive, called G:. I only have one physical drive, and it's D:. Also, I have NO virtual drive software installed, so I have NO clue how it got there. Right-clicking on G:\ and choosing eject doesn't do anything but change the logo, it still says the file size and whatnot. Here's the picture of the "What's locking this?" of the contained file:


LockHunter Diagnostics


But when I try to delete it...


Deletion error with filelock


Both of these files don't let me delete them. I had put win8install.iso as a virtual drive a while back, but I uninstalled that software (but can reinstall it if needed)


Additionally, I previously made a post here about this, however I now have more information about this (I hadn't noticed the G:\ drive and a few other things), and wasn't sure if I should bump up such an old post by editing it or making another post. If I should have just edited the old one, please don't get mad - I didn't know. Just close this and let me know, I'll edit the old one and attach a bounty. If not, please take a look at the answers already posted there, none of them worked (sadly)



Answer



Maybe you can use an Ubuntu live CD, navigate to your desktop folder and then delete it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...