Monday 25 December 2017

ubuntu - How to Extend primary partition(/dev/sda1) in linux?

Im having a problem, my primary partition is running out of space. Due to this, I can't access linux machine remotely (through vncserver). I have another drive (/dev/sdb) having much more free space. I want to shrink space from (/dev/sdb) and extend to (/dev/sda1) partition which is my primary partition and have all linux boot, kernel etc files. What would be best risk free way to do this without losing my data on primary drive(/dev/sda1) ?? fdisk or 'dd' command or 'mount and umount' ? Any help would be highly appreciated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...