Sunday 31 December 2017

windows 7 - what is en.v9.com and how to remove it?

I was reinstalling Windows (namely installing Windows 8 instead of Windows 7). But then Chrome suddenly closed. When I started it again, it had that annoying en.v9.com home page.


I don't know how to get rid of it. I tried removing the argument in Chrome's shortcut and changing Chrome settings (Set pages). Also, it made itself the default search engine and who knows what else. I thought that it must be µTorrent's doing. So I decided to:



  1. Reinstall Windows once again

  2. Give Tixity a try. To my surprise, just after installing Windows 8 and running Internet Explorer, I saw that very en.v9.com page again.


I'm now going to reinstall Windows once again, but move the content of the disk into a folder first, so that Windows doesn't inherit anything, if that's what's happening.


I'm open to your suggestions. I doubt reinstalling windows will do any better. Also, do you know by any chance what it is and where it came from? I saw a similar report on µTorrent's forum.


UPDATE I reformatted the hard drive, installed Windows and I can't see en.v9.com anywhere now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...