Friday 29 December 2017

windows - Did my USB Drive just die?

I have a 32 GB USB stick. I was in Mac (VMWare) putting some stuff on. Then accidentally removed the drive. I put it back in, and wanted to format it. Using disk utility, I chose 1 partition, it automatically filled in 312 GB and I just clicked format or whatever. It didn't take long, then I could see the progress bar hanging at "Waiting for device to reconnect". Nothing happened for a while so I ejected it. Now comes the problem:


In Disk Utility (Mac): No sign of the USB drive.


In Paragon Partition Manager (Windows): No sign of the USB drive.


In Disk Manager (Windows): I can see that it's there. But it says: Disk 1 Removable (D:) No Media. When I right click it, I can only assign drive letters to it. No way to format.


In diskpart (Windows): diskpart list will show me the following: Disk 1, Status: No Media, Total Size: 0 B. When I eject the drive, the disk 1 will disappear. So I know that it's this drive. If I type clean, it will say that "There is no media in the device".


In HDD Low Level Format Tool 4.25 (Windows): Doesn't detect it at all.


In Device Manager (Windows): It is detected as USB Mass Storage Device.


In Gparted (Linux): Doesn't detect it.


In HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.1.8 (Windows): It detects device as: "GENERIC USB Mass Storage 1.00 (0 MB) (D:)". When I press Start it gives me this error: "There is no media in the specified device"


In BIOS: Detected


In Spinrite (Live Boot): Doesn't detect it


Any help is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...