Thursday 28 December 2017

How do I get the distinct/unique values in a column in Excel?


If I have a column with values, and I want to find out what distinct values are in there (not how many - but the actual distinct values), how can I do that?


In SQL Server I would do something like


SELECT Distinct(MyColumn) FROM MyTable

Answer



Simpler than you might think:



  • Click the Data Ribbon Menu

  • Select the Advanced Button in the Sort & Filter section

  • Fill in the dialog Box, copying the results to another location and making sure you tick Unique records only


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...