Friday 8 December 2017

windows 7 - How can I disable checking the NTFS file system when booting the system?


Windows Vista SP2 and Win7:


After the BIOS gets done posting, CHKNTFS checks the NTFS file system before proceeding to login. I would like to disable CHKNTFS, as this makes the boot process very long.



Answer



I had no problem disabling CHKNTFS for Drive C: with the /X option, however, CHKNTFS was still checking a hidden OEM partition with no visible DRIVE or volume name, so I wasn't able to disable it with /X.


Therefore, I had to modify the BootExecute registry value to autocheck autochk /k:* in order to disable all partitions, including the hidden one (see image below).


BTW, this tweak is done the same way for Win7.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...