Monday 25 December 2017

hard drive recovery - Is it really possible to repair bad sectors?


I have found different and opposite opinions on the internet:


is it really possible to repair bad sectors on a hard disk ? should I replace the hard disk or just repair it?


I would be glad to read about your opinions.


I have just run HD Tune Pro, and it says:



Current Pending Sector


Description: Number of unstable sectors: 47
Status: The drive has unstable sectors.



enter image description here



Answer



Most HDDs will automatically perform wear levelling to reduce bad sector issues.


It will cost more time and money to repair any bad sectors than it would cost you to buy a new HDD for around £50. Especially when you consider your "repaired" drive could go bad completely and lose all your data.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...