Friday 29 December 2017

Is there a way to reduce the memory usage of Firefox?


On my notebook with 2GB and Windows XP, Firefox 3.5.2 uses about 150MB of the memory with 4 tabs open. Is there a way to reduce the amount of memory that Firefox consumes?



Answer



This works wonders!



  • Check your Extensions and Themes. (By running Firefox in safe mode.)

  • Check the Plug-ins.

  • Clear Download History.

  • Restart Firefox Periodically.

  • Assign Memory Cache on Firefox. (browser.cache.memory.enable and browser.cache.memory.capacity)

  • Release Memory when Firefox is minimized. (config.trim_on_minimize)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...