Saturday 30 December 2017

command line - How do you change the color scheme in bash on Ubuntu for Windows?


I've tried to create color schemes with https://terminal.sexy and http://ciembor.github.io/4bit/ but I can't get any of their exports to work with bash on Ubuntu on Windows.


What's the correct approach to customize the colors in boUoW?



Answer



The problem is not specific to bash on Ubuntu for Windows, as the terminal is still provided by conhost.exe.


To change the colors, you can go into the Defaults:


enter image description here


And then you can click each individual color and change it to some other color.


enter image description here


The process is somewhat confusing, because by clicking a color rectangle, you're changing what is selected as the Screen Background. So you first have to change that selection, adjust the color and then change the selection back to your desired background color.


Overall, it is easier to just go with a different terminal or console emulator altogether. I personally use ConEmu now, which allows you to change color schemes much easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...