Wednesday 27 December 2017

windows xp - Run a program as admin all the time


Is there a way to configure an application to run as administrator all the time. I tried with the compatibility administrator utility but seems to work only for windows Vista and above.


The application is crashing because of some printer drivers that need admin rights.


EDIT: The application name is Zeh Raster and it's on Windows XP I would like not to provide the password each time that I need to run the app.



Answer



This is an old question but since it's getting quite popular, I wanted to post what I ended up doing.


My workaround was to develop a windows service that runs with admin rights. Then, I wrote a launcher app that sends a request to this service to open the application I needed to run with admin rights. I might have killed flies with cannon balls, but it worked. The end users don't have to be admins on their machines and they have a shortcut on their desktops that can click anytime they want. I also made an msi installer for this service that can be administered easier by the IT folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...