Saturday 30 December 2017

worksheet function - How to remove it items from one Excel list, if the same item exist in different list


I know nothing about Excel, so the first thing I would like to do is to remove any duplicates from within the lists themselves.


But then I would also like any rows from list B that has a duplicate row in list A to be removed.


For example, if the email John@John.com is in list B and there is also a John@john.com in list A, I want to remove John@john.com from list B.


here is a pic of situation/problem



Answer



To remove the duplicates:



  1. Select the range of cells, or make sure that the active cell is in a table.

  2. On the Data tab, in the Data Tools group, click Remove Duplicates.enter image description here


To remove duplicates form list A in list B:


=IF(COUNTIF(ListB!$A:$A;ListA!A1)>0;"";ListB!A1)


First of all, you need to make a new sheet ListC For example, This is what you should paste into ListC at A1 and pull it down across.
Of course you'll have to change ListA! & ListB! by the names of your sheets.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...