Sunday 31 December 2017

windows 8.1 - How can I force my laptop use NVIDIA instead of Intel?

I have a Lenovo G710 laptop with integrated Nvidia GeForce GT 820M and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 card. My problem is the default card is the Intel one and it provides very bad performance with Windows 8.1. I am looking at gpu-z application and see that only the intel card is working.


I searched the Internet for a solution and found only these instructions that don't work for me:




  1. Open Nvidia control panel




  2. Select Manage 3D settings




  3. Global Settings tab




  4. Switch the drop-down from Auto to Nvidia




  5. Reboot your computer



    • both cards updated



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...