Saturday 9 December 2017

windows - Why are "get-hotfix" and "wmic qfe list" in Powershell missing installed updates?

I'm trying to write a script to make sure a certain hotfix is installed. On one of our test computers running Windows 8.1, get-hotfix returns an incomplete list of hotfixes:


enter image description here


Yet there are tons of patches showing in the Programs and Features control panel:


enter image description here


All of our other test machines, including others installed with Windows 8.0 and 8.1, work fine. Any idea why this is? How can I get a complete list of hotfixes from Powershell?


Edit: wmic qfe list only shows the same four hotfixes as get-hotfix as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...