Saturday 30 December 2017

Using fuse and webdav on linux vps

I have a 20GB VPS running Linux 2.6.32-042stab124.2 The server is used to automatically analyze big firmware files, therefore I want to mount my 1TB webdav using davfs2.


Davfs2 depends on fuse, I have fuse installed but I get this error:


modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:508 kmod_lookup_alias_from_builtin_file() could not open builtin file '/lib/modules/2.6.32-042stab124.2/modules.builtin.bin' modprobe: FATAL: Module fuse not found.


This is due to my linux kernel being quite old but my vps provider does not allow installing a newer kernel.


Is there anything I can do to still extend the storage without having to pay my VPS provider for expensive storage?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...