Monday 25 December 2017

Inverse Thunderbird's Quick filter selection?


Thunderbird 3.1 has a quick filter bar, very convenient. You click 'starred' and only the starred messages are shown.


Is there some trick or way to also apply the inverse filter, for example show all NOT starred messages?


Edit: I don't want to create a custom filter. I am thinking along the lines of for example alt-clicking the button or so.



Answer



The documentation for Thunderbird 3.1 states:



The Quick-Filter bar is not customizable, but there is a "qfb-pivot" extension to add further search options and a feature to search by properties of the currently displayed message.



But said "qfb-pivot" extension appears to no longer be available.




As an alternative you could consider creating the view filter yourself:




  1. Add the view filter widget (Mail Views) to the Thunderbird toolbar.


    View filter widget




  2. Click it, and select "Customize..."


    Customize...




  3. Click "New..."


    Message view setup




  4. Set your new filter up like this:
    Status | isn't | Starred


    The new filter




Your new filter can then be found under "Custom Views".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...