Wednesday 27 December 2017

How do I stop Windows Operating System from using up my bandwidth quota?

I'm in NZ, which means my internet is capped at 5GB, which is not funny. I notice on my Windows 7 that even after disabling automatic update (don't worry, I flick it back on during my off peak hours) it still constantly downloads about 1kb per second, which starts to stack up. Apparently, it's svchost.exe, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything important.


How do I stop Windows from stealing all my internet? Please help!


If I may clarify things, is it possible for me to connect to the internet without letting the Operating System itself using bandwidth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...