Friday 29 December 2017

firefox - How do I backup my bookmarklets?


Any ideas how to backup bookmarklets so I can install them on a new machine? I'm thinking specifically of Chrome -- but I'd like to know how to do the same with Firefox too.



Answer



To export your bookmarks on Chrome, you can go into the Bookmarks Manager (Bookmarks menu -> Bookmarks Manager) and in the Organize menu, click Export Bookmarks. This will give you an HTML file that both Firefox and Chrome will be able to import. (To import them back into Chrome, follow the same steps, but click Import Bookmarks and locate the bookmarks file).


To export your bookmarks on Firefox, click on Organize Bookmarks in the Bookmarks menu (may be called Manage Bookmarks). Go to the File menu and click Export (or Import and Backup), and save the HTML file that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...