Monday 25 December 2017

networking - Sharing Windows 10 Internet connection via LAN and Wifi simultaneously

I have the following scenario:


Image


I am trying to share "Wi-Fi"'s internet connection via both "Ethernet 3" and "Wi-Fi 2".


In the situation shown in the screenshot, ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is enabled from "Wi-Fi" to "Ethernet 3" and the mobile hotspot is enabled at the same time.


However, the internet on devices connected to the hotspot is not working. It gets deactivated as soon as ICS to "Ethernet 3" is enabled. I somehow see that this is due to how ICS works between two network adapters on windows, but I would like to know whether there is a workaround.


This is my university's eduroam connection, so I don't have access to the router.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...