Sunday 24 December 2017

windows - Why do certain commands not show up when you type "help" in cmd.exe?


For instance, netstat. This doesn't show up when you type help, but netstat /? does provide the information.


Are there any other commands that will not get listed?


Also, the command netstat /? > netstat.txt won't work. Any idea why?
The netstat.txt file is created but remains empty.


I have write-permission on the map and the CMD.EXE is running as admin.



Answer



netstat.exe is a separate executable that lives in C:\Windows\system32 (or at least it does on XP), rather than being a command within cmd.exe.


There will be a large number of other executables in this folder (and others in the Windows tree) that won't show up when you type help from within cmd.exe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...