Saturday 23 December 2017

Windows 10 Start Menu search not working for installed apps

I am facing a problem with Windows 10 OS Home Edition, updated 14th August 2017 [Yesterday]. I am not able to search installed applications.


NOTE: I ran every command and program as administrator



  1. Deleting and Rebuilding the indexes


  2. Verifying that both


    C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    are included in indexing.




  3. Running Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}




  4. Restarting Cortana application and Windows search service



  5. Restarted Explorer app

  6. Restarted the system


Nothing working


I recently found out that there is strong connection between


C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_randomsuffix\LocalState\ConstraintIndex\Apps_{some-uuid}


and the


Search Results


If i make changes to the file Apps.index in directory Apps_{some-uuid} just like renaming it, search doesn't find apps that were coming in results before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...