Tuesday 1 January 2019

ubuntu - Best approach to dual boot and clone HP Pavillion

I just received a HP Pavillion HPE 8xt Desktop w/i7, 16G ram, and 1T hard drive/Win 7. My goal is to 1) Set up a Dual Boot to Ubuntu 2) Transfer the booting capability to a Plextor Sata3 120G SSD.


As I understand it, the HP IBISB Chigaco MB was only set up to support Sata S2, but I bought the Sata3 as it is not much more price wise than a S2 and it would at least be the latest state of the art in a future computer. Also, I understand it is backward compatible, but only that I will be limited to the 3G/s bottleneck. Any thoughts are welcome here.


I'm wondering if I should set up the dual boot to ubununtu 1st and then clone next to the SSD. Or would it make more sense to clone to SSD 1st (w/windows), then set up dual boot only on the SSD; using 1st drive as more of a data storage device. Also, any pointers to related examples would be great.


Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...