Friday 25 January 2019

command line - where does windows vista hide the path environment variable?


i think that's what i need? i'm not sure


i'm trying to run a command line program (BLAST, from NCBI) but it won't recognise the commands (blastall, formatdb, etc.) so i think i need to add the folder the bin is in to the path environment variable?


i think that's what i need to do? i think that's what it's called?


I think i've been shown this a few times, but i don't need to do it often, so i keep forgetting.



Answer



If you have the My Computer icon on your desktop, right-click on it and choose Properties. There should be a System Settings or Advanced System Settings button, click that. You should get a dialog window. Click the Advanced tab, and then the Environment Variables button.


In the System Variables box, scroll down to the Path entry, and double-click that entry to edit it. You can paste the needed path at the beginning of the field, making sure to add a semicolon (;) after it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...