Monday 28 January 2019

windows - How to Print to a Local Printer from the Command Prompt

I have the following scenario:


I have a local printer connected to my Windows 8.1 PC and I would like to print several documents (files with the .txt, .pdf and .doc extensions), from the Command Prompt.


I have tried using the print command documented here. However, it doesn't work. I get no stuff being printed and an error message that says:



"Unable to initialize device DeviceName"



It doesn't matter if I specify the port where the printer is connected or the PC name followed by the printer name.


Is this command still supported in Windows 8.1? How can I solve this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...