Monday 21 January 2019

What disk image should I use with VirtualBox, VDI, VMDK, VHD or HDD?

Latest versions of VirtualBox supports several formats for virtual disks, but they forgot to provide a comparison between them.



  • VDI

  • VMDK

  • VHD

  • HDD


Now, I am interested about a recommendation or comparison that considers the following:



  • be able to use dynamic sizing

  • be able to have snapshots

  • be able to move my virtual machine to another OS or even another free virtualization solution with minimal effort (probably something that would run fine on Ubuntu).

  • performance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...