Tuesday 1 January 2019

networking - When a VirtualBox VM's Adapter is set to Internal Network can the Firewall of the Host Machine Control Access to the guest VM's Ports?


In a VMs network settings:



  1. Right click settings,

  2. then in the resulting Settings dialog select Network from the side bar

  3. And click any Adapter N tab,

  4. If I set the Attached to: drop down to Internal Network


If I change the settings on the firewall of the host machine, will it affect the VM with a Internal Network adapter? Or would I need another adapter?



Answer




Will a host outside the network be able to access the internal network?



No. That's the whole point of an internal network.



Or will I need another adapter type for that?



Yes, that would be the simplest way but another adapter might not be required. Another VM might be configured to do port forwarding, NAT or network routing and then allow remote access.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...