Monday 21 January 2019

Enable Touchpad Scrolling in Windows 8


How can scroll using the right touchpad scrollbar on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit? On an OEM-installed-7, I was able to scroll on my Acer Aspire 5750-6866.


I tried to install the Windows 7 drivers (Elantech from Acer's page as well as Synaptic) on 8, but they required .NET 3.5, which I had to install using the CLI and the original install disc. However, once I'd gotten the installer working, it told me that the platform had installed successfully but the drivers had not.


I also tried to install the Windows 7 Synaptic drivers like everybody reccommends, but this had no effect.


Is there a way to enable anything but those generic drivers that come with 8? With a 1366x768 resolution, it takes a while to move my mouse using trackpad to the right-hand corner from the left of the screen where it is usually parked. I game as well and sometimes need a scrollwheel in-game. I find myself lost without it (or at least with my productivity crippled)! Help! I'm not asking for fancy tablet-like gestures, I only want right scroll.



Answer



I had the same problem, also with an Acer Aspire (5750G, I think). Windows 7 worked, Windows 8 didn't. The Synaptec drivers didn't solve it, but the Elantech ones did. On the Acer site, you can find the drivers for your model. Mine included both the Synaptec and Elantech ones.


After trying the Synaptec ones, I uninstalled them, and installed the Elantech ones. This did the trick.


Also, your installation of .NET 3.5 seems strange. You can get a normal installer from Microsoft.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...