Tuesday 1 January 2019

linux - What do the columns in smartctl output mean?

Here's a part of my smartctl -H /dev/sda output:


ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
190 Airflow_Temperature_Cel 0x0022 053 028 045 Old_age Always In_the_past 47

How do I interpret this? Specifically:



  • What do the flag bits mean?

  • What's the difference between the 'value' and the 'raw value'?

  • What units is each numeric column using? Is it Celsius? In that case, why is 28 centigrade the worst I've had, if now I have 53? Or 47?

  • Is the threshold the value over which the drive is considered to fail? The value over which the drive shuts itself down? Something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...