Wednesday 30 January 2019

gnome - Linux: How does user log out work

I'm new with linux. I've searched about how to safely log out other user and found few solution but I want to know how they work internally. I have few questions:
1. pkill -KILL -u {username} Does it just send SIGKILL to every child of init --user? and does it ensure that every child process is safely killed?
2. Can It be done using sending only signals?


P.S I have program which creates init --user for other user, I'm killing using SIGTERM but sometimes compiz crashes. Thats why I'm interesting how should it work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...