Wednesday 30 January 2019

virtualbox - I have windows 7 os installed in virtual box .I want to install software in this os .How to do that?


I have windows 7 os installed in virtual box .I want to install software in this os .How to do that? how to locate setup file in drive .



Answer



You need to get the installer (.exe) inside the guest OS. There are several ways to do this:



  1. download from the internet inside the guest OS

  2. connect a USB flash drive, copy the installer onto it, and make the USB drive visible inside the guest OS. If you are running linux as host, you need to run VirtualBox as root otherwise the USB drives are not visible.

  3. enable folder sharing between the guest and host OS and copy the .exe into the shared folder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...