Monday 28 January 2019

Risks of removing fuse from Linux (to get rid of .fuse_hidden files)

What are the side effects of removing fuse from Ubuntu server 16.04?


Each time I want to remove a movie from this machine, it just gets renamed to .fuse_hidden.


Stopping the movie server (Plex) does not solve the problem, the only way to actually get rid of the file is to reboot. I have tried using lsof to locate the service using the file to no avail.


If I remove fuse (sudo apt-get remove --auto-remove fuse) what are some of the pitfalls? Will my system become unstable?


By removing fuse, will deleting the file have the expected results? i.e. will the file go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...