Saturday 26 January 2019

Disable "Auto Restart after BSOD" from Command Line


I just did a major system upgrade (CPU, MB, RAM). The old HD doesn't like my new equipment (which resulted in a BSOD). I feel like I could fix the issue if I knew how to disable the auto-restart.


How do I disable the auto-restart after crash from the command line?



Answer



I know you already solved this, but just in case other people come here in the future, the problem is windows installs drivers specifically for what motherboard chip set you are using. If you change to a different motherboard 90% of the time you get the problem you ran in to.


Normally it is recommended to just do a clean install of windows when you change motherboards but I have seen that sometimes you can just get away with doing a "Repair" install and it will see the new motherboard chip set and install the correct new drivers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...