Friday 25 January 2019

windows 7 - Software to switch between OS


My question might sound too weired and tricky, but is there any way (software/hardware) that I can use to switch between 2 OS without restarting my PC?


Actually I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu installed in my PC.



Answer



Well, i can think of two. One, run one of the OSes in a VM. The second is to get another system, and run the second OS on that. You can't switch between OSes without restarting.


If you wanted to save the state of the system, you MIGHT be able to get away with hibernating windows, and starting linux as long as you do NOT write to the windows drive - as you can tell from the answers, do this at your own risk. The other way seems to be safe, however.


If you wanted to build a system that would do this from scratch you'd need a model similar to what the PS3 uses possibly on top of xen or another hypervisor enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...