Sunday 27 January 2019

Excel 2010 Removing duplicates


I am trying to remove the duplicates items from a big Excel sheet.
I would like to remove all rows that have a duplicate code values (sample below)


Before:


Name     Code
item_01 xxxx01
item_02 xxxx02
item_03 xxxx01
item_01 xxxx03
item_04 xxxx04

After:


Name     Code
item_01 xxxx01
item_02 xxxx02
item_01 xxxx03
item_04 xxxx04

I have played with the "Remove Duplicates" features, but I can't get the result that I want.


Any help?
Thanks



Answer



You've not explained "the result that I want", but I will take a shot at this.


When you select both columns then click Remove Duplicates from the Data ribbon, the below dialog window opens. Remove the check box from the column you DO NOT want the duplicates removed and then click OK.


enter image description here


It results in the example you gave above.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...