Thursday 31 January 2019

audio - Certain CD-R's not working in car..sometimes


I have an old Honda with a stock CD player. Certain CD's that I've burned only work sometimes. They typically fail in the morning or when it is raining/wet. I'd rather not go through the bother and expense of installing a whole new audio system.


Questions:



  • Is there an easy way to fix the player to work better?

  • Is there a brand of CD-R that is more reliable? It seems that I can play a Memorex CD-R all the time but the Maxell CD-R's most often. My Memorex CD-R is several years old, so I'm hesitant to buy more hoping it's really the same material years later.

  • Could it be my burner? The discs that work are older burnt from a desktop. The ones that fail are from a laptop. I don't have a desktop anymore so it's not too easy to try.


I'm open to other ideas and suggestions as well.



Answer



It could be a burner issue; try burning slower, at 4x or so, and see if those discs work better.


You can use the excellent ImgBurn if your normal burning software doesn't provide a friendly means of specifying the burn speed.


Oh, and make sure you aren't moving your laptop when you're burning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...