Wednesday 30 January 2019

macos - How can I extract .rar files on the Mac?



Is there anything built-in that does this? (E.g. command line tools.) Or are there any third-party apps?


Update: I like The Unarchiver, but vote up your favourite, or add it as an answer if it isn’t there.



Answer



The Unarchiver really does it's job well (and it's also completely free). From the site:



Supported file formats include Zip, Tar-GZip, Tar-BZip2, RAR, 7-zip, LhA, StuffIt and many other more and less obscure formats. The goal is to make The Unarchiver able to extract anything you give it. The Unarchiver uses the libxad unarchiving library to support many older, obscure formats.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...