Wednesday 23 January 2019

When does mac/ubuntu use .bash_profile and/or .bashrc?


Possible Duplicate:
Difference between .bashrc and .bash_profile



Are they both the same type of file in terms of setting the bash terminal settings, and if no .bash_profile exists then it uses .bashrc?


Also, from within my .bash_profile, can I split my configurations into other files and load them from INSIDE my .bash_profile like:


..
source .some_file
soource .some_file2
..

I want to be able to share my .bash_profile file, yet have some private settings kept secret.


I also want to use the same setup for ubuntu and mac, so not sure if things are compatible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...