Thursday 7 June 2018

windows 8.1 - HDDErase.exe not picking up any drives to wipe

Follow-on question from Rufus rejecting HDDErase.iso.


So after getting HDDErase.exe onto the DOS-booting USB stick and running it, I ran into yet another problem; the USB boots, the program runs, and progresses normally through its motions until this point;


After I confirm, it goes to this screen. According to the videos I've watched I'm supposed to be presented with a list of drives for the program to erase.


As you can see, nothing. I don't understand what's going on.


As before, system is Windows 8.1. I'm fairly sure I do actually have a HDD (that is, not the other thing, an SSD) but I have no idea how to check. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...