Saturday 30 June 2018

memory - Is DIMM to USB convertor available?


I have a 512MiB DDR2 SODIMM SDRAM lying about, after upgrading my brother's notebook's to 2GiB. Seeing that it is not being used, and it hardly has any value on the market, I'd love it if I can use it for placing page files. Since Windows Vista/7 has ReadyBoost through USB, I suppose I can use that if only I had a DIMM to USB convertor solution in the first place. Any ideas?


(Griping because my 1 slot MicroDIMM Fujitsu tablet has 1GiB, and a 2GiB wafer costs at least $100, and I'm broke and NEET)



Answer



I have never heard of a USB RamDisk. I know you can get SATA ones:


http://techreport.com/articles.x/16255


so I guess there's no reason why you couldn't get a SATA one and put it in an external USB housing.


Not cheap though and most I have seen use DIMM not SODIMM.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...